Copper Eagle Patrol & Security Safety Tips:
Here are a few suggestions to keep things safe!
Follow these costume tips and give yourself some peace of mind on the spookiest of evenings by making sure whatever costume your child wears it’s a safe one.
- Avoid baggy outfits and flowing cloaks. These stray pieces can easily brush across an open flame or trip them up while they’re walking.
- Shoes should be comfortable with laces securely tied. Decorative heels and over-sized shoes can result in a bad fall. No fun getting hurt on Halloween.
- Be sure to buy costumes that are labeled as flame resistant. With flickering candles and jack-o-lanterns there are many open flames around on Halloween night.
- Make sure that any makeup you use is hypoallergenic. Nothing is less fun than a rash on Halloween.
- Never use decorative contact lenses. Most aren’t certified by optometrists and can cause severe eye damage.
- Avoid costumes and props with sharp edges. You want to make sure the only eye patches needed are on kids dressed as pirates.
- You’ll often find dozens of children coming to your door in the same costumes. Unique costumes are recommended so your child is easy to pick out in a crowd. If your child is wearing a similar costume to others, make sure to add something which stands out from the rest.
- Make sure any masks being worn are easy to see out of. Obscured vision can lead to accidents.
- Don’t rely on flashlights to be the only thing that makes your child visible. Use reflective tape and glow sticks to make sure drivers can clearly see your child as they cross the street. Additionally, don’t ever let your kids go out in an all-black costume, no matter how scary they may look.
Don’t hesitate and stop stressing. Ensure your safety with Copper Eagle Patrol. Call now!
Copper Eagle Patrol & Security: 26752 Oak Avenue Unit C | 661.251.6999 | www.coppereaglepatrol.com
Keep Intruders from Coming Into Your Home | SCV Copper Eagle Patrol and Security