Helpful tips to Prevent the Unthinkable:
Any parent or caregiver, even a very loving and attentive one, can forget a child is in the back seat. Being especially busy or distracted or having a change from the usual routine increases the risk.
Here are some safety reminders from the American Academy of Pediatrics:
- Always check the back seat and make sure all children are out of the car before locking it and walking away.
- Avoid distractions while driving, especially cell phone use.
- Be extra alert when there is a change in your routine, like when someone else is driving your child or you take a different route to work or child care.
- Have your child care provider call if your child is more than 10 minutes late.
- Put your cell phone, bag, or purse in the back seat, so you check the back seat when you arrive at your destination.
- If someone else is driving your child, always check to make sure he has arrived safely.
- Keep your car locked when it is parked to prevent a curious child from entering when no one is around. Many hot car deaths have occurred when a child mistakenly locks himself inside.
- Make sure children do not have easy access to your car keys. Store them out of a child’s reach.
- Teach children that cars are not safe places to play.
- Keep rear fold-down seats closed to prevent a child from crawling into the trunk from inside the car.
- Remind children that cars, especially car trunks, should not be used for games like hide-and-seek.
Important Tip: If a child is missing, always check the pool first, and then the car, including the trunk!
Have fun and rest easy this Summer with Copper Eagle Patrol & Security!
Copper Eagle Patrol, we’re everywhere!
SCV, you’re protected by Copper Eagle Patrol with SCV’ largest fleet of security response vehicles. The sense of security is priceless. Ensure your safety with Copper Eagle Patrol. Call now! 661.251.6999 Relax knowing you are well protected. Home or Office we are here for you!
Personal safety is important for everyone. If you see any people acting suspiciously, please report them to the mall security officers immediately. They’re there to help you. So are we!
Your Protection is Our Number One Priority!
We have on-site and roving security officers, 24-hour alarm response, video surveillance and private investigation services that can add layers of protection you otherwise wouldn’t have. Think Safety First! Don’t let your Child or Pet Suffer from heatstroke!